Thursday, February 23, 2012

Back at the crochet helm

This is my first foray back into the world of crochet. It's a Denise Augostine Owens design, February's Valentine. It's a replacement for a January doily that is somewhere in my car, which is being repaired and won't be available til Friday, March 2. This took about 3 hours, two trips to Orlando over the weekend. Fun and easy to make. Here is the link:

http://web.archive.org/web/20040625034609/www.denisecrochets.com/february.html

I need to make another doily for a February exchange. This is what I'm going to do today:

http://web.archive.org/web/20031021153511/http://www.denisecrochets.com/grannysdoily.html

It's a Lisa Goins design, written down by Denise Augostine, Granny's doily. I have always wanted to make Denise's doilies, but never found the time. I figure these are just lovely and quick enough to get me back into my crochet mojo!
I plan on working on this doily during the Gatorade Duels at Daytona. Yes, it's that time of year again...and I'm so excited! I am once again going to the Daytona 500. Hubby doesn't want to go, so my sil Teresa and I are going to make a day of it. Actually, a weekend. I'm staying with her in Orlando on Sat, heading to the track on Sunday. Hoping to meet up with my good friend Lori early Sunday morning. We have to make the rounds of the vendors and get FREE STUFF!!!
Okie dokie...breakefast is ready. Time for me to go. Will be back tomorrow or Saturday to let you know how the doily is progressing!!!
Let's go racin'!!!!

No comments: