Sunday, February 18, 2024

Cold, wet, rainy days

Hello my friends! It is cold, damp, wet and rainy here in North Central Florida. Yech! I hope you all had a fabulous Valentine's day! Mine was lovely, as I received beautiful red roses from my hubby the weekend before:
I love fresh cut flowers. For those of you who know me, my birthday is on Valentine's Day. I have two rules on that day: I do not attempt to go to a restaurant and please do not buy me flowers. Every other day of the year, flowers are affordable...well, except for Mother's day. I'd rather stay at home and have a nice meal with my family. This year was wonderful: Stevie, Nicole and my 4 year old grandson, Xander, came over for a pot roast dinner made by hubby. It was delicious! And I got to spend time with some of my favorite people. THAT makes my heart smile!
I was supposed to go kayaking with a few friends Saturday to see the manatees at Three Sisters Springs in Crystal River. Out of 10 of us, four guys did brave the cold and managed to dodge the rain until AFTER they were off the water. I chickened out. Like I told my friend, Craig... I get whiny and bitchy when I'm cold and wet....and NOBODY wants to see that! But kudos to the guys for not only braving the weather, but getting pictures, too! Bob and I did meet the guys for lunch afterwards, so it was fun.
So today is Daytona 500 day, but we just saw that it is rained out until tomorrow. I hate when that happens. I always love the track and the races. But, it's Monday and I have to work. Guess I'll have to be satisfied with the highlights. I haven't been able to make it out to the track for a long time. Maybe I'll try for the Coke Zero 400 in the summer. At least if it rains in August, it shouldn't be as cold! Onto my crafting: I'm working on a quilt for my great niece Madelyn Rose. She turns 15 on February 22. She loves Paris and usually has an Eiffel tower themed birthday. I've had this panel for her for a few years, but finally got the top put together:
I know it won't get to her before her bday, but I am contemplating bringing it to her in March. We are travelling to NY to visit my brother and to see Maddie in her first high school play. I can't wait! We are planning on going opening night, so it will be really special. I hate to wait that long to give her her birthday gift; I know I love to receive mail, so I will probably mail it once it's done. Ok, that's it for now. I need to get ready for my birthday lunch with Tim and Sarah at the Indian restaurant in Ocala, Amrit Palace. I only wish it wasn't raining. Oh well. maybe I can get more done on Maddy's quilt! Til next time..... Beth

No comments: