Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ravelympics 2010

Yes, I have done it again....joined the Ravelympics on Ravelry. I have actually finished two WIP's, so now I can move onto the main events! Will I medal and finish in time? We shall see. Here are pictures of what I have finished off:




The first is my great niece's blanket....I do have to add the ladybugs, but the bulk of the blanket is done. It is 64" across. I am going to use the pattern as a table doily with mexicana thread. Will start after the Olympics. I will post a totally finished picture of this when the bugs are added. Her birthday is Tuesday, so I am hoping to mail it off by then!
The second is a picture of the knitted fun fur scarf I made for a lady at work. She wants it for her niece for her birthday. Yes, an actual consigned job!
The main event is going to be Coats and Clark's Wrap with Slits, and yes I am doing it in the carrot color pictured here:
http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/Accessories/WR1811+Wrap+with+Slits.htm

Can't wait to see if I can do it!
Why am I waiting to get started you may ask? Life got in the way, as usual. Work, kids, and yes, the Daytona 500 all are to blame. The week I was to lay out my materials for the main event, Timma, who had had his driver's license for 11 days,(Feb. 10, to be exact) was rearended in his 1995 jeep. He was fine; the jeep looked fine, but the ford 500 that hit him had moved the muffler into the drive train. It is still in the shop getting fixed. In the meantime, Tim has been driving Ponykeg (my G5), Bob and Jeff have been driving the minivan and I have been driving the 2011 Kia Sorento we got as a rental. I like it and have realized how much I miss having an SUV. But I am ready to give it back. I miss my car. Sad, but that's the way it is. Hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday and Tim can have the Jeep for his use.
Well, I need to get some rest before I head to work this evening. Hope all is well and you are all enjoying the Olympics. I prefer the Winter games to the Summer games. I have enjoyed all the snow sports. My favorite, ice hockey, is on tonite...GO USA!!!!! What is your favorite winter Olympic sport?

2 comments:

Lupie said...

That blanket is amazing!!!!

Unknown said...

The blanket is BEAUTIFUL! That must have taken forever... but it will be cherished forever! Wow!